Leonardo Pisano, known by the pseudonym Fibonacci, was a 12th-13th century Italian mathematician who described the numerical sequence that bears his name. In 1202 Leonardo Pisano wrote Liber Abaci where for the first time the sequence of Fibonacci numbers was captured. Hence the famous Fibonacci strategy in roulette.
The Fibonacci strategy in roulette is one of the most popular because it is considered less aggressive and with less risk, as is the case with the Martingale . It is a cumulative progression in a sequence of numbers. The next number is obtained from the sum of the previous two, as long as the game is lost. What would the sequence be like?
0-1- 1-2- 3- 5- 8- 13- 21- 34- 55- 89- 144- 233- 377- 610- 987
The mathematical formula is: 0 + 1 = 1; 1 + 1 = 2; 1 + 2 = 3; 2 + 3 = 5; 5 + 3 = 8,…
In the case of winning the game, the rules of this strategy say that you have to go back two steps in the sequence . Suppose round 6, number 13, is the winner. In this case, the next bet we would go back two positions in the numerical sequence, that is, to 5.
1-2- 3- 5- 8- 13 – 5- 8- 13-21-…
However, if the losing streak is considerable, it is necessary to go back to the beginning and start over.
This sequence has no limits, being this same infinite. What is usually infinite is the roulette bet limit, so although you want to carry out this method up to an infinite bet, the rules do not allow it.
We give you some advice and that is to start the sequence with number 1. It is not mandatory, but it is advisable so that in case of a losing streak, the losses are not so high.
The Fibonacci strategy is not used for inside betting, as it is a 50/50 type of bet. So if you opt for this method, you have to know that your bets will be external : even / odd, red / black, 1/18 or 19/36. The percentage of probability of winning is 48.5%, since zero makes it impossible for it to be 50%. As you can see, the chances of getting it right are very high. However, remember to play responsibly and always play for fun.
Can you make money with the Fibonacci method?
Perhaps with an example this progression system is better understood. Let’s imagine we play roulette for 10 rounds, of which we win three times and lose seven times. Can you make a profit just by winning three times and losing 7? Yes, the sum of winnings is greater than the sum of losses, even if the number of rounds lost is more than double the number of positive rounds. The sum of losses amounts to 14 and the sum of gains amounts to 26.
Is the Fibonacci system effective?
Yes and no. It is true that in the example that we have given previously, the player would obtain benefits. As a method it is effective, but like any strategy, the Fibonacci method is neither perfect nor 100% effective . We are putting a supposed case in which out of 10 rounds, 3 are won. However, you are likely to lose 10 or more times in a row. As we always say, chance is capricious and it will not always be on our side.
The effectiveness of this strategy is proportional to the number of times it is lost. In the event that the player loses too many times, making up for the losses will be difficult.
In the long term, neither strategy works. That is why it is important to know the different methods and to know how to apply them correctly.
- The Fibonacci strategy in roulette is a safe progressive betting method, especially when compared to the Martingale or Parolistrategy .
- It is a simple and easy system to carry out.
- The probability of winning is 48.5%.
- The investment per item is lower than other systems , such as the James Bond strategy , and in case of loss, the amount to lose is also lower.
- The bookmaker always has an advantage over the players. However, that does not mean that it is impossible to win a good prize.
- The maximum bet of the table. Some roulettes have a maximum bet of 100 euros. That means if you have 11 rounds of losses, you will no longer be able to bet. In round number 12 the bet would reach 144 euros. So you will have lost a considerable sum of money.
- In the case of losing several rounds in a row, getting the money back invested is difficult. In the end it all depends on the budget we have and knowing how long we are able to endure the bad streak.